Thursday, August 7, 2014

Before September

We are in the middle of the year. Actually not really, I’m super late in the season and I barely saw a film for over a month or two. But I intend co catch up a bit. 


Suzanne is my favorite film of the year so far, also my big cry of the year. I mean big big cry, I woke up my mother.
As much of a drama sucker as I am, and you might recognize that in me, Suzanne is so beautifully revealing, so so so so human. Katell wrote this unpretentious story, this seemingly simple story that is so so so touching and admirable. I was really touched by this film.

Here’s a list of some of my “most wanted” films of the season:
Mommy, by Xavier Dolan.
Les Combattants, Thomas Cailley.
L’homme qu’on aimait trop, by André Téchiné.
Boyhood, by Richard Linklater.
Gone Girl, by David Fincher.
Unbroken, by Jolie.
All three Keira Knightley films:
Laggies, by Lynn Shelton.
Begin Again.
The Immitation Game.


The Polish film about deaf, The Tribe.
Life Itself.
Respire, by Laurent.
Innapropriate Behaviour.
Clouds of Sils Maria.
Foxcatcher.
White God (and Cannes' films basically).


Saw it earlier, cried, whatever.

Anyway, to finish this post properly, I feel weird. I don’t know much of the films. Or maybe there aren’t many I’m interested in. Or maybe it is just like every other year, they will eventually come around. Where’s 12 Years a Slave? Where’s Before Midnight? I obviously need to go to the Toronto list, because they have most of the films there…

No comments:

Post a Comment