Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Women Inc.


So today is Women’s Day. I decided to represent it through some movie titles! There’s lot of titles that include the feminine gender. So, here it goes (including very different types).

Women in Trouble
 There's this quote from a British series I remembered now: "They're not actually crazy...they're just women".

8 Femmes (Eight Women)
 It can't get any better than this. A cast full of women, there's no men at all. Can only mean one thing...trouble! This is one hilarious and entertaining musical. I confess I already saw it four times and I feel like watching it now!

 Yes! Deneuve and Huppert in the same film. Ok and Emmanuelle Beart and Fanny Ardant and Virgine Ledoyen and Ludivine Sagnier.

The Good Girl
The woman: ...no, not 'Jen'. Zooey Deschanel. Her sarcasm is too much for me.

All the Real Girls
 She is also amazing in being dramatic.

Little Women
You can't see here, but Christian Bale is in the middle of them!

Bad Girls
It might be ridiculous, might, but it's always fun to watch girls being strong and with pistols. It’s worth it just to look at these four girls, Madeleine Stowe, Mary Stuart Masterson and Andie McDowell and Drew Barrymore.

Conversations with Other Women
I don't really get it...because it's all about a conversation between a man and a woman, who happen to have a past in common.  

Helen Bonham Carter maybe is just not a woman but many others.

Calendar Girls
British film, with British women in the British country side...it's a very British and also amusing film!

The Sisters
I know this is more parenting related than feminine gender but I had to talk about this just to mention Maria Bello. She is such a tremendous actress. 

The Incredible True Adventure of 2 Girls in Love.
Wow, it's all about the title! But yes, wouldn't be right if there wasn't girl with girl or girl on girl, whatever they do together. Two very genuine girls, who don't have anything in common than liking each other, fight with the odds of being together.

Tina Fey would be an interesting subject too!


Also:


And discuss the many whys to this:


Yes, I could talk about it. I love the subject, in particular. I could talk about how less representative they are in the ‘big places’, and the few main roles they have, how important it is to defend them.
But I choose to put these questions in the air for reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment