Saturday, March 12, 2011

You Will Be Unprepared


For sure I’m not fucking ready for “Sucker Punch”.
And why wouldn’t I be prepared? It’s a cast with leading women, five. All they do is kick ass. And there’s Abbie Cornish, not being dramatic. So yeah, I’m not really prepared because it’s not every day that I see a cast full of women kicking ass, not gently. And who cares if it’s going to be a masterpiece? Who cares about the story telling? Who cares if it looks like a video game? I’m an indie kind of person but like Deneuve says, “that's what I like about film - it can be bizarre, classic, normal, romantic. Cinema is to me the most versatile thing.” And here’s what I say, I’m definitely open to video games!
For someone who mentioned a couple of times the lack of feminine leading roles…what else can I ask for?  Not like it’s an Oscar type but let’s face it it’s not like Women get to do this all that often and definitely not in this ‘big’ scale. So here I have it.
This kick ass film reminds me of another “Kick Ass” film, which was one of my favorite films of 2010. 


No comments:

Post a Comment