Monday, May 23, 2011

Cannes Days - End of 2011

As every pleasure in life, they end fast.
Cannes Film Festival finished yesterday eleven days of celebrating the Seventh Art and everything she drags.

Here's a quick summary:

The Tree of Life - Palme D'or

(This thursday I'm inside the theater, first sit!)

Best Actor - Jean Dujardin for his role in The Artist.

Obviously Madame Deneuve was there.

I'm really looking forward to see this film, it's seems such a loveble one (and I think I gained a crush on the actress...)



Best Director Award - Nicolas Winding Refn for his film Drive.

His speech was so "humble"...but funny!


Palme d'or for Best Short Film - Maryna Vroda

She was shaking so much, I started shaking too!

Best Screenplay -Joseph Cedar with  Hearat Shulayim (Footnote)


The cámera D'or (For First film) - Pablo Giorgelli for his film Las Acacias.

Jury Prize - Maïwenn with her film "Polisse"


I was a little affraid of what she was going to say. Her life is already an intense dramatic film.

Grand Prix - Tied - Nuri Bilge Ceylan for "Once Upon a Time in Anatolia" and Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne for "Le Gamin au vélo" (The Kid With a Bike).




Best Actress - L'Amérique Kirsten Dunst.
She was shaking too! What an experience right?

AND I left you with the best treat possible (at least for me) - it's a Christophe Honoré film. The cast is simply dreamy (mother and daughter fiction -non fiction Catherine Deneuve and Chiara Mastroiani). Enjoy.

Les Bien-Aimés

No comments:

Post a Comment