Sunday, January 13, 2013

Golden Globes...

So The Golden Globes fuck fest!


Amy: "I haven't really been following the controversy over 'Zero Dark Thirty,' but when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron."

It wasn’t so bad as we all probably predicted was it? I mean, I don’t know if it was because of my own viewing, in this really low quality live stream, but it didn’t really felt that bad, or maybe is just all the same shit! Obviously there was awkwardness, failness (I thought Tony Mendez was going to faint presenting his own Argo!). 

Adele: "I was not expecting this... thank you so much for letting me be a part of your world for a night. I've been pissing myself laughing.



I can’t help but mention something that stands out in this night. Off course I didn’t, I couldn’t know what was going to happen, but what I was really, especially looking forward in this night was Jodie Foster’s Career Speech, sort of.  So Robert Downey Jr. presents her. The montage happens, between baby Jodie, to old Jodie, back to baby blond Jodie, back to Nell Jodie, back to Little Man Tate Jodie. And then she brings herself to the stage and starts talking. And then, you know, she keeps talking and talking. And then, Jesus fuck, what’s happening? Good god, this is weird, this is beautiful, this is oh so awkward, shit, is she really saying what she’s saying? She’s fired up, she’s really, fiercely fired up and there’s really no stop to it. And then, it just keeps being revealing. It just keeps being aggressively revealing, and then, suddenly, you realize she might not do any other acting role, you might not see her perform ever again in front of a screen. I say might, because, really, who knows? Is this even possible? You know, it actually makes a lot of sense. Like she said, she’s been in the business for forty seven years. That’s a really long time, isn’t it? And she’s fifty years old. Like she CLEARLY said. Oh and the way she does it, the way she does it. She’s brave, she just puts out there what she thinks and how she is, and her reasons are loud and clear. She went on for over five minutes. And in these five minutes she resumed pretty much everything. Until this night she was a really private person, and from this night, she will continue to be a really private person. I’m looking forward to the reactions in general. It’s a huge heartache for me and I’m sure for a lot of other people in the world who won’t be seeing Jodie Foster in a big screen again. It feels weird, it feel unreal. But there’s also a good side: “I will continue to tell stories. To move people by being moved.”

Nonetheless, this truly gives for a:

But there are plenty of jokes from Tina and Amy you can find on tumblr, maybe I'll get back to it later...


No comments:

Post a Comment