Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nine for IX

Venus VS.

“If you’re strong and confident, you’re considered bitchy. If you cry because you fell over and your all dream since you were twelve go down the toilet you’re a cry baby.”


Ever since I saw this trailer earlier this year I’ve been patiently waiting to see this set of documentaries. You can probably tell I’m a sports fan. I would post many other sports’ related issues, but I always end up not doing so because my blog is supposed to be about films. Also, I would be posting a lot of women’s soccer, United States squad in particular…it wouldn’t be healthy!
Anyway, there are a great number of docs to follow. You can watch Coach right here. This is a short film about a great woman with great strength and willingness.
We have Venus VS. directed by the one and only Ava DuVernay, which premiered in the LA Film Fest. This will be the first film to air on television on July the second. You can see the line up for the other eight films on ESPN. They will be airing throughout July and August. If you’re a sports fan, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment