Wednesday, November 26, 2014

K-Stew


"Lez b honest" K-Stew.


Camp X-Ray

On a serious note, I feel like nominating Kristen Stewart the Breakout Star of the Year. Along with Keira Knightley, for instance, they both bring three good films that are challenging from a creative and accomplishing perspective.
I really enjoyed Kristen Stewart’s performance in Camp X-Ray, I really liked this film. It feels like a flawed film but it is also so well constructed visually and consistent and the performances are spot on. There’s a lot of talent exuding in this film and the filmmaker Peter Sattler will go far. It is not at all an easy subject to approach, to write a conventional three part storyline about the soldiers working in Guantanamo Bay and so it becomes an interesting meditation on the American war and its history and how both sides from the equation are perceived.
Clouds of Sils Maria premiered at Cannes with rave reviews for her. I haven’t seen this one, but I can hardly wait. I will be very interested in seeing her here because I know this role was really important to her and she got really connected to it, even having a permanent tattoo of her character, and it is certainly a role that is the closest to Kristen Stewart’s self and one we haven’t seen probably in quite a long time.  And finally Still Alice, another supporting role that I’m sure will be interesting to see. Julianne Moore and Kristen Stewart sounds great to me.


It is a “wonderfully challenging” prospect the idea that she’s now thinking and will eventually pause on the ‘acting’ and will be spending more time doing other creative endeavors. This doesn’t sound that bad because I’m looking forward to take a look at her work other than acting. She has written poems and she’s also mentioning short films. That’s what we need, female voices and art from their perspective. I’m sorry I sound so boring.


I obviously haven’t come to realize that we are almost at the end of the year and in no time I will be actually looking over the films I’ve seen throughout the year and picking the ones who I believe have stood out and make me want to mention, and others that make me want to mention for intriguing reasons! In my brain, it is like middle of the year. The other day I mentioned December like I was in May. I’ve seen over one hundred and twenty or thirty films this year, give or take. It is nothing, isn’t it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment