Saturday, November 8, 2014

KK, the Feminist

Always. Keira Knightley, the all around down to earth awesome conscious and unpretentious that just won't take any bullshit Keira Kngithely. As she always was.


"I've had my body manipulated so many different times for so many different reasons, whether it's paparazzi photographers or for film posters…That [shoot] was one of the ones where I said: 'OK, I'm fine doing the topless shot so long as you don't make them any bigger or retouch. Because it does feel important to say it really doesn't matter what shape you are. I think women's bodies are a battleground and photography is partly to blame. Our society is so photographic now, it becomes more difficult to see all of those different varieties of shape."


Also, she took her best friend Emily to prom, and the director  or professor didn't liked it.
“We both turned up an hour late, and I’d been filming Bend It Like Beckham, and I turned up in leather pants and a crop top, and she was a model for a while, and she’d been in Paris shooting something, and she turned up as the boy, so she had a black tie with ripped jeans on, and everybody else was completely dressed up, obviously, in that kind of finery, and then we had our picture taken underneath the thing, and she’s kissing me, and we were told that that was disgusting.
“And one of the teachers took us both aside and said we were never going to come to anything if we didn’t know how to dress appropriately for events like that. So that was my prom. We had a great time!”

No comments:

Post a Comment