Tuesday, September 20, 2011

J. Edgar

Sometimes I get really excited and then it slows down and then sometimes the interest goes away and then a new excitement arrives. It gets exciting again. The new trailer of Clint Eastwood’s film reminds me of Changeling (it goes through the same period of time and it's the same Cinematographer) which also reminds me of my legs shaking when I was watching the film in theaters, but this time it isn’t about missing children but the controversy continues with the relationship behind doors between Hoover and Tolson (Hammer making eyes to Leo).
And Clint Eastwood already clears things out before it gets too boring. He says, "I don’t give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We’re making a big deal out of things we shouldn’t be making a deal out of ... Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want." Listen to the words of a wise man. 


There you have it; half the questions are answered in terms of Oscar Talk when it comes to J.Edgar. Leonardo DiCaprio has the It Role or Oscar Role or Role-of-a-lifetime Role. Judi Dench – there’s not much else to add. The screenplay, Dustin Lance Black is solid. I can finally say we are now officially entering the Oscar Season. Awesome! Still waiting for My Week With Marilyn, Rampart, Shame, War House. 

Oscars are on and so is Hollywood. Everyone’s ready for newcomers (Elizabeth Olsen, Shailene Woodley), same/old faces (Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep), underrated/overrated faces, foreign faces (Jean Dujardin), careers rescued (Nick Nolte), and so on. Pretty soon I’ll be posting the early Oscar predictions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment