Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oscars Pole Closed


So that's it. There's nothing else to do! It's time to predict more? Oh no, it's getting really tiring, so let's just wait and see. This season was truly an amazing period of films, really mind blowing and exciting. Ok, here it is.

For Best Picture
We all know the race is between two opposite films: in one way, it’s two modern cinematic accomplishments, so I guess the opposite lays on its story. We have at one side an emotional and touching human story about a man who didn’t measured himself as a King and on the other side we have a genius kid who is, like they call it now, socially autistic, relentless and cruel to his friends.
Here’s the thing – I can’t say one is better than the other or vice versa, I could choose personally my favorite but that would be probably around Black Swan. All I hear now is sentences like ‘The King’s Speech is like cheeseburger for the Oscars’ or Oscar Type or Oscar dear Or saying the voters are drunk with “The King’s Speech”. It is starting to sound like the film is overrated which is not, seriously this film above all the awards and critics involvement is really a five starts film, I know this can be a pretty easy conclusion but “The King’s Speech” is simply speechless. So I guess I’ll go for “The King’s Speech”.
The plus thing is – it’s fifty fifty, we don’t have any clue, no certainty, which leads to some suspense, since predictability is the aim this Sunday.

Leading Roles
Not much to say, Colin Firth beats all the J’s in the category. And let’s wait for the glowing speech of soon to be Mama Natalie (considering the fact she’s attending).

Supporting Roles
Christian Bale and there’s nothing more to think. And for Supporting Actress I would personally say Amy Adams, I really loved her character but unfortunately is not yet this time, I guess the Oscar will be for Melissa Leo (although Hailee Steinfield is pretty close).

Directing
David Fincher. I’m actually looking forward for this result. Cause when we’ll know this win The Best Picture category will suffer from deep anxiety.

Writing
As much as I would like to see Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Blumberg or Mike Leigh win for Original Screenplay I guess I’ll have to say that “The King’s Speech” writer David Seidler will win easily.
Aaron Sorkin has won everything he possibly could win for this film, and he will win the Oscar too. 

Animated Feature Film
Because above all “Toy Story” still is a film for all ages and reaches the human emotion in a whole different level.

About the Hosts
If James Franco is half good as he was in ‘127 Hours’ then we’ll be just fine and Anne…as long as she’s not much time there…but it’s seems definitely fun.

It’s a cold shower if Natalie Portman or Christian Bale doesn’t win the gold thing. 

About the presenters there’s lot of boring news. Tough Cate Blanchett is back! Also: Annette Bening, Halle Berry, Russell Brand, Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin, Sandra Bullock, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Hanks, Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman , Scarlett Johansson , Jude Law, Hilary Swank, Marisa Tomei, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon. There’s a lot more obviously. There’s also Gwyneth Paltrow singing a country song. And there’s an interesting surprise like Florence Welsh from Florence and the Machine singing the “‘127 Hours” song by A. R Rahman and Dido, as much as I would like to hear Dido singing instead. This is the song I choose to win, also. 

What else? Let’s just have fun, like Ellen DeGeneres says (in the first moments of the ceremony) “It’s a level playing field, you don’t really know who’s going to win…unless you’re British and then you know you have a pretty good shot…”!! (Every time I see her Oscar Monologue I'm with a huge smile on my face)!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment