Monday, December 31, 2012

On the Road

On the Road, my last film of the year.

It happened! It finally happened, after all this time, waiting and waiting, after being postponed only so many times I finally saw On the Road on a big screen. And by the way, it was beautiful.


I do believe this film was an inspiring, beautiful and quite a brave tribute to the classic and acclaimed novel On the Road. With such a dense material, I have to admire Rivera’s keen absorbing skills, and with Salles’ work, they made some of the novel’s essence come to life, it is a tremendous atmosphere of what the story is made of, I think. They brought Sal Paradise, Dean Moriarty, Marylou, they brought the landscape, the burning sun, the madness, the words, they created an On the Road tone!

No comments:

Post a Comment